weight loss weblog
weight loss weblog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Long day

I am so tired, I shouldn't even be posting tonight. I drove the kids down to DC today, which is about 2 1/2 hours by car then another 45 minutes by train. We got there around 9 and then walked pretty much non stop until 7 or so. We even ate lunch on the go.

I couldn't take the kids to dinner because I WAS PICKPOCKETED! wtf? I guess a youngish woman with two little kids that are obviously tourists is an easy target. I never let my guard down, or so I thought. I'm thinking that I was tag teamed when a cr*ckhead looking lady started talking to me and asking me for money. We tried to stop and walk away but she followed us. I was in "momma bear, don't mess with me and my kids" mode. So I was pretty distracted and it would have been a good time for someone to reach right in there. I had to let the kids share my peanut butter cruch mf bar for their dinner :(

But, we defintely got our exercise in, and I stayed on plan...

I called Captial One, and there were already a bunch of charges to Metro, the subway system. I guess somebody got a few month passes or something. Grrr!

Even with all of that, the kids had a great time. We went to the zoo and the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. We also walked around the Mall, saw the WWII, Lincoln, and Washington Memorials. Heck, they were happy just to take a train ride! So I'm glad they had fun, and I hope that crappy event didn't overshadow their good day.

Now it is time to tend to my poor, aching, blistered feet. Good night.

No comments: