weight loss weblog
weight loss weblog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 4

So here it is, near the end of day 4. It has been very easy to stick to the plan during the day...which is a feat considering I eat in a cafeteria every day and there are lots of yummy things for sale. The evenings are kind of hard. That is when I get lots of cravings, but I have survived and stayed on the plan. And it's paying off. I have now lost five pounds in four days! I can see why this plan works. The online tools for medifast are unmatched. They have the easiest calorie counter I've ever seen, all their products are logged, you just click on what you ate that day. It tells your daily calorie deficit for the day. Much easier than extrapounds.com (which is also great). I even went into a chat room on the medifast site and someone directed me to the forums where there are tons of modification recipes. You can make a small "cake" from a hot chocolate mix or plain chocolate mix. You can use the parmesean puffs to bread chicken. There are bread, pancake, brownie, and chip recipes. I'm going to use a cream of brocoli soup mix tonight and make chips from it. The lean and green meals have been good. The first three nights I had big omelettes. Tonight I made a montreal steak salad from boca burgers, montreal seasoning, spinach, mushrooms, parmesean cheese, and light blue cheese dressing. It was actually really good.

Tomorrow will be hard because it is my mom's birthday and we are going out to Olive Garden for dinner. It's somewhere I like to eat, but hardly ever go, so I will be very tempted to get my standard order: Italian Margarita (tons of carbs) and Seafood Pasta (even more carbs) and of course breadsticks....geez, if it were for anyone else but my mom, I wouldn't go. It's just like an alcoholic walking into a bar...same difference. I'm hoping to get some kind of a salad and grilled chicken/shrimp without dressing, which I'm sure will not taste nearly as good as what everyone else is having. But I know that being thinner and healthier is much better than a plate of pasta and breadsticks - then again, that's where the addiction comes in. In the moment, the consequences mean nothing to me, all I can do is think about instant gratification and strong urges.

I'm sure it will be fine, and once I leave the restaurant, temptation will pass. I just need to be strong.

Nothing will ever taste as good as being thin will feel.

No comments: